Data Protection Policy
Midsummer Veterinary Group respects your privacy. If you do not wish to receive further communication from the practice you can unsubscribe or let us know and we will remove you from our distribution list. Your information will be held on a database within the EU. Midsummer Veterinary Group will collect your data as controller of the database.
We will make your details accessible to the following data processors:
- HS Veterinary Solutions who provide our reminder service and run the Pet Portal. HS Veterinary Solutions will only use your personal data on our behalf to provide you with reminders and personalised marketing at our request i.e. notification of an offer or discount being offered on a product or service we believe would be of benefit to your pet(s).
- As part of completing an insurance claim for your pet(s) on your behalf, we will provide your insurance company with the relevant data held by ourselves. For example your pet’s full medical history and financial information with regards treatment costs and whether the payment is to be made to the practice etc.
- Where you request or agree to your pet(s) being referred to another professional for treatment i.e. Vets Now (our out of hour’s provider), Davies Veterinary Specialists (our recommended referral practice), hydrotherapy or behaviourist we will provide the relevant professional with your contact details and pet(s) full medical history.
- We work alongside SAVSNET, the small animal veterinary surveillance network, who collect data with regards occurrence of disease within the pet population. The data provided to them is anonymous and consists of species, breed, age, sex, weight and reason for appointment i.e. diarrhoea. The only other information provided is the postcode for them to assess if a disease is more prevalent in any given area.
- In addition to this, should we be unable to obtain payment for goods and services provided within a reasonable time frame we will then pass your details on to a registered debt collector.
At Midsummer Veterinary Group we will always employ appropriate technical security measures to protect your personal information and to ensure that it is not accessed by unauthorised persons. We will not pass your data on to any other data processors other than in the circumstances listed above.